- - Sunday, March 06, 2011

I mean, I forgot how much I loved you until this dull ache started
Way down somewhere deep, in between a tickly place and a gut-wrenching scream
The sick giddiness you get when you hear horrifying stories of women going into labor for forty hours
The lake, smooth, placid, and ink-black
Reflects the sleek white towers of the oil refinery, spewing
Steady curls of steam and
Flames billowing from steep, steel spouts
Quiet across the water, in spreading golden streaks.
She bounced outside with a cigarette pressed against her lips
Begging the last bits out of it with every
Cold, shuddering breath.
The moisture and salt stuck in our lungs
We danced in the headlights, dim and yellow in a semicircle
Before the closed gates, like maddened convicts
Our hair spilling in the wind
Screams stopping five feet away in the
Thick, moist air.
I watched you, while you closed your eyes against
The fairy-lit hill, silhouetting your pretty, dark head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Eric, I miss being your best friend... I miss you....
Christ, this math is SO boring! Like, who even dec...
I kind of feel bad because I've been really distan...
tired tired tired tiredBeen busy, but also the las...
God hates me or something. I choose them soooo fuc...
A Hospital Program to end violence
So, I'm retarded and completely disorganized and d...
Snowwww
I press my index and thumb into my eyeballsScrew t...
The funny ginger tow truck driver and i became bes...


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger