- What up - Saturday, November 06, 2010

A car accident?? Holy my god. You should call me when you get time.

Yesterday, I submitted my application for the English Sterling Scholar award; more specifically for Sterling Scholar nomination. I don't actually foresee winning, for a couple reasons: Among other literary geniuses, I'm up against a girl who has a novel in the works of being published with scholastic. (SCHOLASTIC. fuck.) haha. Additionally, as I have been realizing more and more while thinking about college applications, weighted class rankings, and the likes, my grades really don't measure up. The quarters where I lacked motivation and let my dedication slip have actually summed up to impact me by now, and while I am completely satisfied with the work i put in to acheive my unweighted 3.8975, I know that I have always been capable of something considerably higher. The novel girl definitely has a 3.99 or the likes. And Sterling Scholar evaluates both sheer grade-work with writing samples so..Basically I'm screwed in both directions.
(THat's what she said)
At least I'm not as crazy as that chick. No like, she is literally insane. I've become pretty good friends with her because I sit by her in Bio, but she's prettydamn crazy. And, as I recently discovered, a compulsive liar - which I find ironic and possibly conducive to her writing, because stories are, after all, carefully fabricated, extended lies, right? ;).
I concede that she is talented, though. I've read her blog, and her writing style and techniques are just inherently riveting, naturalistic, and overall quite pretty.
We'll see, I guess.
It's beautiful; fall is full swing. The light is orangey and dim and lovely. The trees are exploding into bright colors everywhere. Yesterday, Maddie and I walked down to the river a few blocks away from my house, and found a little path down to its banks. It was so pretty, with all the colors and carpets of yellow leaves. But she dropped her phone into the river, and, like the good person I am, I took my time to laugh for a good two minutes before retrieving it for her (she was wearing heeled boots and would have fallen in). Miraculously, I think it survived.
I miss you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Yesterday was a complete messHeart racing and palp...
Holy mind blow
So far, so good-Tuesday night, suuuper fun team ni...
caffeinated
In the Marriot, mapping lice.
OZIL
Circles
Jitters
With me in mind...
It's the last week of school


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger