- - Saturday, August 06, 2011

The Associated Press was allowed into North Korea to take photographs. Holy shit; it’s so interesting to me that they have, or at least try to facilitate with as much normalcy as possible, the same amenities and attractions that other Asian and Western nations foster, such as amusement parks and hiking trails to mountains. The wealth disparity is considerable, but what I wonder about most is the state of adolescent North Koreans. For instance, where do they attend university? And how easily is exit granted to students who wish to study further, in international institutions? And what is the quality of North Korean institutions, educational or otherwise, because would this not be compromised by their sheer isolated nature? It seems to me that the inhibited access to outside models would impede advancement or the pursuit of perfection, and that the compensatory uniqueness that the North Korean premier would seek for his institutions would render them useless in a greater global context; not that this fact is relevant either, seeing as citizens cannot leave the country.

But honestly, looking at the amusement park rides featured in the photos, for instance, the outside contact which would have been required for the North Koreans to replicate the Western-contrived ‘rocket’ rides, for instance, is indicative of a fundamental anomaly underlying the North Korean system; for in these creations they seem to be pandering to their populace to keep them happy, thereby indirectly supplying them with Western consumer goods.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Hookah
This Blog
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVwEo9YE_EI;)
I watched Fight Club the day before yesterday, and...
Is someone gonna come knock on my door and say 'he...
Camping
tomorrow, I graduate. :)The only thing that has st...
This week from hell:My brand new birthday cartilag...
T - I can't be your boyfriend, or your only emotio...
Guess I'm rather unwise... My throat is killer sor...


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger