- These blankets - Monday, September 08, 2014

These blankets hold your scent,
Heavy, warm and thick like
The longing that smothers my every crevice
When I look at you.

Your gaze, magnetic in its touch upon my
Tired eyes, drifts from my palms like
Hungry fistfuls of water grabbed too-eager
From the bathtub, when we were young.

Joy is that song that
Sweetens the rain-soaked breeze,
Cools our tired edges, molds us
Perfectly in word, in sound, and in breath.

You cocoon me by nightfall,
In restless, drugged dreams that leave
Prints along my skin, or with
Strong arms that wrap me into
The quietness within. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Fuck tha police? Really?
Coffee through your veins like a mirage of pumpin...
Few things bring satisfaction quite like Hard wor...
This is a suburban dream; Painted in dripping sun...
She walks in the shadow of God, Red Earth crunchi...
Valley Mother
Something shattered Something shattered, real...
My sensations, dulled against the world, The smoo...
Penitentiary
Rapture


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger