- Rapture - Thursday, January 30, 2014

It's a drumbeat away
A dead heartbeat -
A downbeat, some might say.
That feeling, it grips me
Hard at a place that's
Deep between my ribs,
My heart, and a hard place.

I don't know where to begin!
I don't even know where to start.
Is it that oozing feeling, that
Hoarseness tearing me apart?

A quick tug pulls me like a magnet
Against your shoulder blades.
With a sidelong glance, a little smolder
I'm pretty sure I couldn't be bolder.

All I want is some bitter song
To rip this feeling away, along
A delicate winter breeze, like frayed sheets
Swilling in the winds of time.
Cool and gentle and sweet, but not pained like the

Way we had to pull out of that kiss, like
A diver surfacing from
The raptures of the deep.
And when your image evades me,
It comes instead in sleep.

In the soft crinkle of my sheets I see
Your sideways smile, your baby laugh. In the
Heat of my drugged dreams, I feel your
Mouth soft on my skin.
In the winded whirl of memory
I feel the rapture rear within.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Broadripple is Burning
Tea and healing
El Verano
Relationships
The Gender Gap
Things I cannot handle right now
Homegrown and Sustainable
Radio
Colonialism and Decolonialism: pains and subjectivity
The Sublime


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger