- Yo - Friday, May 27, 2005

So, just a little update on my life:
Soccer season is over, we didn't have a winning season, but nevertheless it was awesome.
Only one more week of school left......finally. the torture shall end. This schoolyear has had to be the worst year of my life. I despise my teacher, the principal, and half the kids in my grade, and the school food is nauseating. Junior HIgh is going to be pure PARADISE. Sigh.

In the past i have proven to be slightly lacking on the self discipline when it comes down to projects. I do finish school projects, because those are things that I MUST do, but when i begin projects of my own, things usually don't work out....In other words, I hardly ever finish those projects. But this summer I plan to write mysteries - who dun its. I like to write, and who dun its are purely captivating to me, as a reader. So if anybody finds me on the couch this summer instead of writing, kick my butt and get me moving....or i shall blame YOU for yet another failed project of mine!!
So........ Ah yes, I have a very important issue that I would like to adress, concerning the world and sexism. Have you ever noticed that for the past 10 years or so, people have begun to treat women as glamorous objects? Commercials always advertise women that want perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect figures..... they hardly ever show high-acheiving women that are smart, bold, and succesful. Instead, they choose to show tiny, stick-thin girls flouncing around in skimpy outfits. And since everyone now days views these commercials, girls get it drilled into their heads that they have to be just like those tiny empty-headed women on t.v.. America has created a prototype of the"perfect woman", and thus many women now strive to be that person. They take education as a second priority, while their appearance and appeal move into first. They load on the make-up and flimsy outfits and leave behind the strong, capable woman that they could have been. Today and forevermore, I would like to take a stand against the all people and organizations that lower smart, strong women to cute little barbie dolls. Girls and women are your future society leaders - engineers, writers, lawyers, PRESIDENTS - many occupations that help the world immensly. If you choose to lower their social status and decrease their chances of attaining their true desired goals in life, you are hurting the whole entire WORLD!!

And a message to all those girls out there:
DON'T GIVE IN TO THE FOOLISH ACTIONS OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY!!!
You are just as good as - if not better than- those boys at anything and everything you do! So take a stand against sexual discrimination. Don't wear tight pants if you don't want to. Don't wear incredibly microscopic attire if you don't want to. Become the person that you really want to be! Work hard, and acheive your goals in life! LET'S SHOW THE WORLD SOME GIRL POWER!!!!!!!!

15 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

aloha ellie! hey guess what, so i found this other total hottie he is the goalie for the U.S. men's national soccer team he is sooooo hot his name is kasey keller and again he is sooooo hot! but of course i still like leo because he does stuff for the world and environment.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

thanx froggie! you have an awesome site also.. i love that you and your friends are trying to help the environment....ROCK ON!!!!!! :-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger tay said...

hey, I live in America and honestly, i can sorta agree with you. the MEDIA definately stereotypes women, but my family and my friends, and basically everyone where I live does not live by those standards. But still, thank you for telling it like it is!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

Yeah, I should say the media and certain organizations (aka clothing manufacturers, cosmetic people etc.). By the way i don't know if you looked at the profile but i do live in America, not a "British Indian ocean place". I just put that on 4 fun.
Stay cool y'all!! thanx!!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger tay said...

then tell me whats real~~~jk. i had to say that.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

CHEESE BARF!!!HAIRNET FACE!!(thank you R. Reed for those...interesting insults) jkjkjkjk. do you always get up so early? it says you posted this comment at 7:09 am..

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger tay said...

my blog clock is messed up. i post @ night. (although it could be that I haven't gone to bed yet)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

i see. Yeah cause if anyone got up at seven during summer vacation....i feel sorry for them. oh and sorry about the um... weird insults. I have anger management problems ;).

bbfn :-)

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger tay said...

ach, no matter.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Polenta said...

yellow ducky is obssesed with getting up early. next time, girl, it will be a swimming pool and i will THROW YOU IN if it is befor five-o-clock!!! i'm serious!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

LOL!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger tay said...

nah, i prefer it when I'M the one throwing water on you to wake you (and carrots) up.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!. by the way don't you think it is so much cooler when girls fight than when boys fight? boys will swear at each other for a couple seconds and then immediately start to beat each other up. girls however are very creative with their fighting. they will pull pranks, spread rumors, use cool (not dirty) language, spread weird gossip etc...use every possible way to get back at you. Honestly i am tired of seeing boys in my school punch each other. They should use their brains before they decide to use their puny little fists.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kick-butt soccer star said...

hey i think i will make that comment into a post. :)

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, my friends, you should feel sry for me. No, actually, I have to get up at seven every morning to go to swim team. It sucks not to sleep in, but I have grown mucho taller and have more defined leg and arm muscles. But the best part: A killer tan!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bzzzzzz

I need sleep, coffee, and a run.

OPEN YOUR EYES

Let people into your life :)

LINKS

Just kidding

PREVIOUS POSTS

Hey folks!So I'm guessing at least a third of the ...


THE ARCHIVES



LAYOUT

Layout is by TornGemini

Powered by Blogger